Welcome to Minda Davison Photography's blog! Stop by often to see what I'm working on. You can view my full portfolio at http://www.mdavisonphotography.com



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Minnesota Love

A couple weekends ago I made the 4.5 hour trek from Iowa City to Minneapolis to see some good friends and to have my first of three mentor sessions with Alison from Alison Lea Photography.  It was a much needed weekend away, and it had been way too long since I had paid a visit to the city I called home for nearly three years.  My first session with Ali was just what I needed to get me pumped up and excited for wedding season, which begins for me at the beginning of May.  I love talking to other photographers; hearing their thoughts and opinions, how they work with clients, hearing their tips and tricks on getting the perfect picture.  I've never been to photography school, I'm completely self taught and I eagerly snatch up every chance I get to learn from other photographers.  After my session with Ali I spent the rest of my weekend with my good friend Kim.  We had one of our traditional family dinners, played cards and made a trip to what quite possibly could be my favorite place in all of the Twin Cities....Isles Bun and Coffee...the home of the puppy tail.  What is a puppy tail you ask.  A puppy tail is a cinnamony, gooey, frosting coated pastry that is pure deliciousness.  Don't believe me?  Just check out the pictures below and your mind will be changed.




Here they are in all their glory!

 And you have to get extra frosting, because they don't have enough on them already! So much sugar!

Kim enjoying her puppy tail.

I'll be heading back to the Cities in May to shoot a wedding with Alison, and you better believe that puppy tails will be consumed again.  I wonder if they freeze well.... :)

Minda

No comments:

Post a Comment