Welcome to Minda Davison Photography's blog! Stop by often to see what I'm working on. You can view my full portfolio at http://www.mdavisonphotography.com



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful NYE.  I spent today hanging out with my family in Marshalltown, eating, laughing and being entertained by Jace.  Pretty much the perfect start to the new year.  I don't usually make resolutions, but I have decided to make a resolution of sorts for 2011.  This past year has been an exciting whirlwind of photographing weddings, engagements, families and children.  I never in a million years imagined that this is where my love for photography would take me, and I look forward to what 2011 has in store.  With all of the portrait photography I have been doing I have not made time for taking pictures just for fun, which is how my photography journey began.  I would spend winter afternoons walking around taking pictures or evenings with all the lights turned off and playing with my camera trying to get that perfect candlelight shot.  So my new year's resolution or challenge to myself is to take at least one picture everyday.  Knowing me it will be hard to take just one.  I'll do my best to post at least one picture each day, and hopefully you all will have as much fun as I do seeing what I come up with.  So here we go!  I am obsessed with silhouette pictures, so I thought it was fitting to post this as my first picture.  I took this picture on Thursday at my friend Andrew's house.  I love how vibrant the stained glass is against the bright white.


Happy New Year!
Minda

2 comments:

  1. Excited to lots of your great pictures throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I saw some of the winter pictures you posted this week - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete