Welcome to Minda Davison Photography's blog! Stop by often to see what I'm working on. You can view my full portfolio at http://www.mdavisonphotography.com



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Total Package

I have been thinking a lot about the kind of photographer I want to be.  I didn't start taking pictures because I thought some day I'd have the honor of photographing the important moments in people's lives.  Honestly I still can't believe all the amazing opportunities I've had over the past two years.  Since I've kind of just been along for the ride as my career as a photographer has progressed I haven't spent very much time thinking about all those things that come along with having a business.  Branding, marketing, packaging, business plans....thinking about all these things makes my head spin.  Plus being creative and taking pictures is WAY more fun! :)  In the next year I'm going to try and be more "business minded."  I've begun the process of creating a new logo and branding, and I've started to pay a lot of attention to how I can give my clients the best experience possible from beginning to end.  Packaging is an important part of giving your client the complete experience.  One company that I think does a great job is Stella and Dot.  Stella and Dot is a jewelry company, but I think they do a great job of giving their customers a great jewelry buying experience from beginning to end.  Here are some pictures of what their packaging looks like.  The lighting isn't the greatest, but I think you get the idea.  I got the biggest smile on my face when I got my little jewelry box and opened it up to see the message, "You have a great eye."  It made me feel so special. :)


Have a great night everyone,
Minda

No comments:

Post a Comment