Welcome to Minda Davison Photography's blog! Stop by often to see what I'm working on. You can view my full portfolio at http://www.mdavisonphotography.com



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Photo Tip Tuesday

I've taken a few basic photography classes, but for the most part everything I've learned about how to use my camera has been self taught.  I've learned even more over last 1.5 years through shooting manually.  Setting your camera to the right aperture, shutter speed and ISO to get the photograph you want can be hard and at times very frustrating.  One easy thing you can do to improve your pictures is setting your white balance mode.  Nearly all digital cameras have the ability to manually change the white balance mode.  Setting your camera to the correct white balance will help make the colors in your picture more true to what they really are.  Check your camera's user manual to learn the different white balance modes your camera has, and how to change it.  In the picture below I took the top picture with my white balance in automatic mode, and in the second picture I set my white balance to the cloudy setting.  The difference in color is incredible.  I hope you find this little photo tip helpful.



Have a good night
Minda

No comments:

Post a Comment